സ്വയം പരിചയപ്പെടുത്തുക | Introduce yourself

Hello all. I am Rashid. Doing a PhD at IISER Bhopal. Linux enthusiast. Interested in computing and open source.

Hello and welcome @rashid :partying_face:

ഞാൻ മണിലാൽ (libregeek). 2001 മുതൽ പല സ്വതന്ത്രസോഫ്റ്റ്വെയർ കമ്യുണിറ്റികളിലായി പ്രവർത്തിക്കുന്നു. കുറെ നാളായി എസ്എംസിയിൽ സജീവമല്ല. സ്വതന്ത്രസോഫ്റ്റ്വെയറും മലയാളം കമ്പ്യൂട്ടിങും ഇഷ്ടവിഷയങ്ങൾ.

Hi, and welcome @libregeek :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello All, I am Abhishek. I am a CS engineer by training , working in the technology domain for 10+ years. Looking forward to being part of discussions in this space and learning about the work you are doing. And hopefully be a part. Are there any other forums /real time meetups other than this one that I don’t know of?

Hello, welcome @abh.
real-time meetups would be hard in a near future due to covid restrictions. We are now concentrating on digital literacy project. It will be great if you could take part on #digital-literacy discussions

1 Like

Hello, I’m Benjamin. SMC’s projects have been a true help for me in the past. I’m primarily involved in a few language technology related projects.

1 Like

hello, welcome @benVar

Thanks Joice! I was already going through the digital literacy threads, will be in touch!
PS: Where can I find a summary of the current status of projects, and what topics this community consider as important ones to tackle - something like a reddit sidebar/wiki ? Maybe we should “sticky” such a threas as well.

Thank you @joice. Looking forward to meaningful discussions here…

As of now, the topics in the category are just summary. all four modules are core. We have to improvise and amend.
Project is in its early stage.
Post your suggestions there. We are planning to create a task list in public.

1 Like

മുഹമ്മദ് യാസീൻ. തിരുവനന്തപുരം ആണ് സ്വദേശം. ടെക്നോളജി, കമ്മ്യൂണിറ്റി കോൺട്രിബൂഷൻ എന്നിവയിൽ ഒക്കെയാണ് താല്പര്യം. ഓപ്പൺസ്ട്രീറ്റ്മാപ്പിൽ കോൺട്രിബൂട്ട് ചെയ്യാറുണ്ട്. അതിനെപ്പറ്റി കൂടുതൽ മനസ്സിലാക്കാനും ശ്രമിക്കാറുണ്ട്.

4 Likes

Welcome @Muhammed_Yaseen :partying_face:

1 Like

Hi, my name is Jobin Jacob Kavalam. Am a Software Engineer with about 10 years of professional experience. But learning to type in Malayalam only now :smiley:

I hold a degree in Electrical Engineering from IIT Madras.

Not sure how much of help i could be here; but was relieved to find this oasis of language lovers in the otherwise rather barren desert of the Malayalam internet.

If i may ask a specific question:
I am trying to get a chillaksharam rendered using the (ള+്+ZWJ=ള്‍) scheme

But i am just not able to get it to work. Is that because the font that i use does not support ZWJs ?

Am on a Mac using the Noto Sans Malayalam - Google Fonts font.

നമസ്കാരം
എൻറെ പേരു് അഭിജിത്താണു്

ഞാൻ ഒരു വെബു് ഡെവലപ്പറാണു് :smile: