പൊതുമൊഴി an opensource software aiming centralized localiztion has released its webapp

Pothumozhi an opensource software for centralized localization now has its webapplication released. Services are now available at pothumozhi.github.io. It introduces more features like TTS etc.

Take a look at release പ:0.1പ. And share your thoughts.

localization facts:പ: is the abbreviation of പതിപ്പ് and the ending p denotes it’s a beta version(abbreviation of പരീക്ഷണം).

3 Likes

Wow. This is amazing :slight_smile:

For the word Synchronization or sync, സമന്വയപ്പിക്കുക/സമന്വയം seems more suitable.
Also, I never seen apps yet which use the term unsync, so its better to remove it.

I am not trying to discourage you.
We all commonly use a lot of English words when we speak or write. Some words don’t really have a proper Malayalam equivalent. Words like scooter, bike, apple, etc are frequently used.
So its O.K to use some English words as well.
Eg: അറ for folder doesn’t really feel right

No that’s okay. As I said earlier it’s just an experiment. There are lot of Malayalam words which we can use instead these. But now we know English terms much better than Malayalam that’s we we are learning it from our childhood and it’s difficult to think another word instead those. But for a newbie user who is not aware of computer terms may find this easy to learn. As you said me too felt അറ weird to use instead folder. But when my sister who is not much aware of these tried to understand folder she felt അറ little easier to learn. As for now you can hash new or unfamiliar words in the software. When it release it’s first stable version there’ll be a ‘‘new words corner’’ which may fix the issue of weirdness of such words for experienced users.
Thanks for your interest.

can you do a pullrequest containing whatever suggestions you make? it’ll be great.

Sure
Can you give me a link to the file? I can’t find i.

Here it’s a json file

it’s being modified. these are the significance of symbols

:exclamation:തീര്‍ച്ചപ്പെടുത്താത്തത് :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿ഇംഗ്ലീഷ്
:star2:പുതിയവ

Short words for enable and disable (Saw your message on smc)
Enable - പ്രാപ്‌തമാക്കുക
Disable - അപ്രാപ്തമാക്കുക

pothmozhi contribution form is being prepared stay tuned.