Admin interface for dictmaker
dictmaker is a standalone web server app for publishing online dictionaries like Olam and Alar. It can be used to build dictionaries for any language, where language specific text processing and search semantics are added as independent plugins. The app is written in Go and data is stored in a couple of Postgres tables. The project’s README describes the concepts and architecture in detail.
It would be very useful to have an admin frontend / dashboard on top of dictmaker for managing dictionary entries (add, remove, search, edit, moderate public submissions). For instance, on Olam, there a number of public submissions (new words, definitions, and corrections) that come through regularly. A UI tailor made for easily moderating such submissions can add great value to a dictionary website.
What is involved
- Minor changes to the Postgres table schema.
- Addition of CRUD handlers and SQL operations to the Go app (eg: add, remove, delete, approve/reject).
- A web based dashboard as a management frontend to the CRUD operations (preferably in VueJS).
- Understanding of web apps and CRUD in general.
- Low to medium complexity.
Hoping that there are candidates with the prerequisite know-how, I should be able spend ~2-3 hours hands-on per week with them.